My 17th Birthday | Thoughts

Thursday 8 January 2015

Im writing this the night before my birthday. I have exactly two hours before I'm officially seventeen and I'm not sure how I feel about it. This is going to be a bit of a chatty post just to document how I'm feeling and maybe look back on it in the future. Kinda like a public diary.. But not.

Okay, so for some reason seventeen feels like a big number and gosh I'll be a legal adult in only a year... that's terrifying. That means that if I ever decide to break the law I'll go to court as an adult and go to prison.. adult prison. Oh and I'm also auditioning for universities next year.  Next. Year. What?!? This is very worrisome. I don't even make my own lunches yet ( I know how and stuff... but still). Seventeen just feels like its going to be an awkward in-between year. Not yet an adult,  but far from being considered a child.  So many big changes are coming and I really don't think I'm prepared. Definitely not prepared for university. At all. Im thinking of taking a gap year though so maybe I'm over thinking things...What a strange feeling to think that I'll never be sixteen again. Never. Is it bad that I feel like its all downhill from here?? Everything I'm writing right now is just me being silly but there is a bit of truth to it all. Pretty soon I'm not going to be taken care of and its just going to be me making decision that will altar the course of my life. Have I been doing that all along though? Not sure. 

Oh god.. and I'll never be able to sing Sixteen Going On Seventeen the same way again. 




Tell me now, how was your 17th year? Maybe give me some advise? I could use it! 
<3



8 comments:

  1. I'm turning 17 later in the year, and I feel the same way you do! I don't want to have all the responsibilities of an adult! I enjoy not having to think about applying for universities and buying my own food. I adore being taken care of, haha! I hate that it's inevitable.
    (p.s. I am going to sing the heck out of that song until I am 17!)

    Extraneous Melodies by Emily Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy I'm not the only one! Haha I maybe sang that song a bit too much last year!!

      Delete
  2. I turn 17 this year as well and feel exactly the same way! There are so many changes, like having to get a job and leave school! Can relate to this post so much!xx

    daisysmart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad it's not just me! Ill for sure check out your blog!

      Delete
  3. Hi Frances! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Find out what to do here:
    http://tori-lee-ballestrin.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Just updating because I changed the name of my blog, and so the link has also changed. Sorry about that :) xx

      http://selfexplana-tori.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/liebster-award.html

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs